Volunteer Areas at Fantasy of Trees
To be a volunteer, call the Children's Hospital Development Department at (865) 541-8385 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas where volunteers are needed:
To provide a safe and quality experience for our volunteers and guests, and to adhere to certain insurance/liability policies governing the hospital, the following points must be followed in regard to age regulations for FOT volunteers:
- All volunteers must be pre-registered through the Fantasy of Trees Office at Children's Hospital.
- Fantasy of Trees is family-centered. Volunteers must enjoy being around children and be willing to work with visitors with a positive attitude.
- Each shift is approximately four hours. Volunteers must cover their assigned area throughout their entire shift.
- Shift volunteers must be 12 years or older to volunteer.
- Children under 18 must have their Volunteer Sheet signed by their parent or guardian.
- Children ages 9-11 years may volunteer ONLY if accompanied by a parent or other adult.
- Children under 9 years of age are NOT allowed as shift volunteers with or without adult supervision. Children under 9 years of age and younger cannot be expected to behave and converse with customers in the same capacity as older children and adults
- All volunteers (shift workers, committee members and chairs) are to abide by the age limits for volunteers, and this includes their own children (i.e., do not bring children under 9 with you to work). Arrangements must be made for the babysitting of ALL children under the age of 9 years during show hours.
- Note: Children 9 and younger should not be present at set-up or tear-down due to numerous safety hazards, heavy equipment, etc.; this applies also for infants and toddlers.
Volunteers will receive confirmation, parking instructions and other necessary instructions by mid-November 2013.
Designers - Creative individuals and businesses can design and decorate a tree, wreath or other item. Over 350 designer items, including door designs, centerpieces, fireplace mantels, and trees ranging in size from two feet to seven feet are available for decoration. All designer items will be sold at the Fantasy of Trees. View and print the designer guidelines and application.
Area Children - Area schools and children's groups are invited to participate by decorating "Adopt-a-Trees" for display and sale. View and print the Adopt-a-Trees guidelines and application. Participation is limited in this area.
Gingerbread Village - Individuals, professional chefs and school children are needed to design and decorate gingerbread houses for sale. For guidelines and an application, send an email to email@example.com and include your mailing address.
Entertainers at the Fantasy of Trees
Choirs, soloists, instrumentalists, magicians and other entertainers are needed to be a part of the continuous live entertainment on the main stage at the "Fantasy Theater."
Entertainers are booked on a first-come, first-served basis beginning in late summer. All entertainment slots for the 2013 Fantasy of Trees are currently full.
Wish List and In-Kind Donations
Here are a few of the things needed at the Fantasy of Trees. If you or your company would like to donate any of these items or would like more information about making an in-kind donation, please call the Children's Hospital Development Department at (865) 541-8385 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Permanent ink markers - all colors, all sizes
· Ballpoint Pens
· Copy Paper (8 1/2 x 11; white or any color)
· Legal pads
· Post-It Note Pads
Warehouse and Construction Supplies:
· Bubble wrap
· Packing tape and tape guns
· Flat carts
· Box cutters
· Work gloves
· Assorted hand tools (hammers, pliers, etc.)
· Popsicle sticks
· Multi-plug strips
· Garbage bags (opaque, extra large size)
· Batteries - all sizes
· Paper towels
· Deli-type plastic gloves
· Christmas lights - new strings of 100 mini-lights (clear or multicolored)
· Bottled water and commercially wrapped individual snacks for volunteers
· Gift cards from hardware stores, grocery stores, office supply stores and cloth shops to be used to purchase supplies for various areas at the show
· Strolling characters -- costumed "critters," mascots, clowns and mimes to visit with guests on the show floor
· Celebrity autographed items -- for the Preview Party Silent Auction
· Gift certificates or merchandise for the Preview Party Silent Auction